Before a Property Auction
- Arrange to inspect the property by attending one of the open viewings or contact the agent directly to arrange a viewing.
- Arrange a surveyor to look at the property. We will be happy to arrange a suitable day & time for access.
- Engage your solicitor to review the Title and Conditions of Sale. The Vendors solicitor prepares the legal documentation containing (where applicable) Building Energy Ratings (BERS), special conditions of sale, title deeds, leases, searches etc. and replies to pre-contract enquiries. These documents are made available to download from the Data Room, you can contact us & we will provide you with log in details for the Data Room, your solicitor can also be provided with their own log in details. If you need further legal information, you or your solicitor should contact the Vendors solicitors whose details will be on the website or the property brochure. Remember that you buy subject to all documentation and terms of contract whether you have or have not read them.
- If you are not a cash buyer & need to arrange a mortgage it is important that you obtain a formal offer from your mortgage provider in advance of the auction day. Most mortgage providers require a surveyor to prepare a valuation report before making a formal mortgage offer so it is advisable to make your mortgage application as early as possible. You should also discuss the completion of the sale with your mortgage provider, as the completion of sale for an auction property is usually 4 weeks after the auction, & you will need to draw down your loan within that time frame.
- Arrange the deposit – this should be in bank draft form payable to DNG Flanagan Ford. The bank draft should be for 10% of the guide price/reserve price of the desired lot & should be in Euro.
- As in some cases the properties listed for auction can be withdrawn or sold prior to the auction date, you should keep in touch with the sales agent in case of any change in that regard.
- Telephone bidding is possible, & some paperwork will be required in advance of the auction date if you require this service. There is limited availability for telephone bidding & this will be reserved for clients who are not locally based, live overseas, etc.